“Care For Our Common Home”
Friday, Dec. 16, 2016
Monday, January 2
Tuesday, January 3
- First day back to school
- 12:00pm – Intermediate Choir practice
Wednesday, January 4
- 12:00pm – Liturgy Choir practice
- 2:00pm dismissal
- 12:00pm – Primary Choir practice
Friday, January 6
- 9:15am – School Mass led by Grade 5
- Please remember to review proper drop off and pick up procedures with anyone that may be picking up your children. We have had several friends and family members who have parked in the wrong spots because they were not informed of the proper procedures.
- A big thank you to our parents and guests for coming to our Christmas Concert. Thank you to the staff, students and Miss Chu for their great work with the Christmas Concert.
- Sylvan Learning Center will be starting a coding workshop after school from 3:15pm -5:15pm. The dates are as follows: January 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th. The cost for the four classes is $275.00. If you are interested and would like to register, you can do so directly through Sylvan Learning Center at 604-460-1977
- Thank you to those of you who took the time to complete the report card survey. Your feedback is valuable to us! Since there are no names attached to your responses, I invite you to come and see me to discuss your feedback. This will give me the opportunity to respond to you personally.
- As per my communiqué yesterday, thank you to Mr. Girard for his service to our school, thank you Mr. Seiler for taking over Religion, and welcome Mrs. Martin to grade 7!
Thank you to all of you who have offered to help out with Trivia Night. The following jobs are still needed for trivia Night. Please consider helping out. An event like this can only be successful with your help!
Kitchen Staff: Prep/serve/clean up food preparations
Classroom Representatives: Organize classroom themed baskets for auction
2 Kinder Classes 2 x Grade 2 Grade 3 Grade 5 Grade 6
Decorations Crew/Set up: Day before February 17
Bottle Game Attendants/Sales: Night of February 18
50/50 Sales: Night of February 18
Lottery Board Sales: Night of February 18
Results Runner: Night of February 18
Toonie Toss Attendants: Night of February 18
Silent Auction Monitors: Night of February 18
Take Down Crew: Day after February 19 after 11:00 mass
Door Greeters: Night of February 18
We also need 300+ bottles for the bottle game to be a success, please keep us in mind over the holidays for bottles and any regifts you would like to pass on to us.
We are looking for seasons tickets to sporting events or accommodations (cabins/timeshares/condos etc) that families would be willing to donate.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Have a blessed Christmas Season, and see you 2017!
Yours in Christ,
FOURTH WEEK OF ADVENT: JOY
Let us pray as Advent draws to a close, that Christ will truly come into our hearts.
Lord, fill our hearts with your love, and as you revealed to us by an angel the coming of your Son as man,
so lead us through his suffering and death to the glory of his resurrection,
for he lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever,