“Care for our Common Home”
| Monday, Nov. 28
- 8:00am – Gr. 6/7 Girls Basketball practice
| Tuesday, Nov.29
- 12:00pm – Intermediate Choir practice
- 2:00pm – November Assembly led by Grade 5
- 3:00pm – Gr. 6/7 Girls Basketball away game @ Albion
| Wednesday, Nov.30
- 12:15pm – Liturgy Choir practice
- 2:00 – Dismissal
| Thursday, Dec.1
- 12:00pm – Primary Choir practice
| Friday, Dec.2
- 8:45am – Grade 2 Family Reading
- Adoration/Benediction (11:45am)
- Report Cards go home
- Thank you to everyone who donated money for our Celtic’s Day today! We raised $239.20 for the Aura Humanitas Mission.
- We will be giving out the Walk-a-thon prizes after our November assembly next Tuesday, Nov. 29th.
- Hot Lunch Order Forms for December went home today, all students mustreturn a form to indicate whether or not they will be ordering this special Christmas Lunch.
- Thank you to Mr. Balosescu, Mr. Scott, Mr. Montemayor Rodrguez, and Mr. Johansesn for their help with coaching the Grade 4/5 girl’s basketball team this season. It was great for the girls to be exposed to the sport! Thank you as well to the sponsor teacher Ms. Kools for her help!
- We will be hosting an international student (grade 4) from January to March. She will be here with her mother and they are looking for a home stay. They would prefer a separate suite in Maple Ridge. If you are interested in hosting them, please let me know and I will pass on your name.
- Traffic in the parking lot continues to be a challenge. I would like to encourage parents to come 5 minutes earlier in the morning, as traffic is much lighter. As well, we are still seeing parents that are parking diagonally between the parish and the rectory after school. This makes it very difficult to form two lanes, and causes a great disruption when parents are trying to back out of a diagonal spot and into the two lanes. PLEASE do not park in the spots after school. It only makes for a very difficult pick up and unfortunately often ends in parents getting frustrated and angry – we don’t want to see that happen.
- Photo orders forms for the retakes need to be sent to the office ASAP this coming week will be the last week for collection. If you ordered your retake package on line, many of the packages are being sent home today.
- Mrs. Barbosa and the Hot Lunch Team are looking for some extra parents to help set up and decorate the gym on December 7th in the morning for our special Christmas Hot Lunch. As well, help is needed on December 6th to prepare the food. If you can help, for any amount of time between 9:00 and 3:00 please email Paula Barbosa at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Santa photos will be happening on the morning of December 7th. Information and order forms went home today.
- Mark your calendars: St. Patrick’s Christmas Concert Thursday December 15th performances at 1:00 and 6:00pm.
- We are still missing many Criminal Record Checks and Driver Abstractforms. Please be reminded that if you are volunteering or doing parent participation during school hours, and if you plan to drive students for any event, these documents must be in place. parents to help in the school and drive students.
- Criminal Record checks can be attained by going to https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
Access code: EVVTGJ6Y48
ICBC Driver’s abstracts can be attained by going to: http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/getting-licensed/Pages/Your-driving-record.aspx
The following positions are still available for Trivia Night. Please consider helping out. An event like this can only be successful with your help!
Kitchen staff: Prepare/serve/clean up
Classroom Representatives: organize classroom themed baskets for auction
2 Kinder Classes 2 Grade 2’s Grade 3 Grade 5 Grade 6 Grade 7
Decorations Crew/Set up: day before February 17
Bottle Game Attendants/Sales: night of February 18
50/50 Sales: night of February 18
Lottery Board Sales: night of February 18
Results runner: night of February 18
Toonie Toss attendants: night of February 18
Silent Auction Monitors: night of February 18
Take down crew: day after February 19 after 11:00 mass
Door Greeters: night of February 18
We also need 300+ bottles for the bottle game to be a success, please keep us in mind over the holidays for bottles and any re gifts you would like to pass on to us
Thank you for your ongoing support. Have a great weekend.
Yours in Christ,