“Care for our Common Home”
Monday, Oct. 10
- NO SCHOOL – HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
**Tuesday, Oct. 11
- 8:00am – Gr. 4/5 Girls Basketball practice
- Weekly Walk-a-thon Tally Slips due
- 12:00pm – Intermediate Choir
- 12:00pm – Cross Country practice
- 3:15 – Arts and Crafts Club
** Winter Uniform in effect **
Wednesday, Oct. 12
- Hot lunch – Meatballs and Rice
- 12:00pm – Liturgy Choir practice
- 2:00 – Dismissal
Thursday, Oct. 13
- 8:00am – Gr. 6/7 Girls Basketball practice
- 10:15am – Grade 7 to Archbishop Carney Regional Secondary for Mass
- 12:00pm – Cross Country practice
- 12:00pm – Primary Choir practice
Friday, October 14
- WALK-A-THON – 12:00 PM dismissal
Monday, October 17th – NO SCHOOL – Staff Retreat
- Thank you to everyone who filled out our photo survey. I have shared some of your concerns with Lifetouch Photo. Overall, the survey showed satisfaction with Lifetouch, with a few suggestions for improvement. One change this year and moving forward will be the omission of the Spring Photos. Orders can still be dropped off at the school office.
- We are only 1 week away from Walk-a-thon! Please encourage your children to try and raise some money this weekend. If every child in the school raises $100.00, we would exceed our goal!
- A big thank you to our Walk-a-thon Sponsors and to Mr. Dharamshi and Signvisions for helping us with our T-shirts. The T-Shirts will be delivered next week and handed out in time for Walk-a-thon.
- I have received information from Eric Langton School that some of the St. Pat’s parents have been parking in their parking lot. For those parents that have been here for a while, you will know that there has been a bit of a history with the Eric Langton parents parking in our lot. This caused many problems, and it has taken a lot of working together with Eric Langton to alleviate this problem. The last thing we want is for our parent community to be doing the same. Please use only the St. Patrick’s Parish parking lot. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
- Winter uniform is in effect, starting Tuesday, October 11th. Boys are not permitted to wear shorts anymore, and girls need to be wearing the kilt. Please ensure that your child has their sweater or vest with them at school.
- The badminton program this year has unfortunately had to be cancelled as their coach has fallen ill. We will be having a tennis program instead from Nov. 1-9.
- Please pray for the repose of the soul of Linden and Tanner Walz’s grandfather who passed away last week.
- We are still missing many Criminal Record Checks and Driver Abstract forms. Please be reminded that if you are volunteering or doing parent participation during school hours, and if you plan to drive students for any event, these documents must be in place. parents to help in the school and drive students.
Criminal Record checks can be attained by going to https://justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
Access code: EVVTGJ6Y48
ICBC Driver’s abstracts can be attained by going to: http://www.icbc.com/driver-licensing/getting-licensed/Pages/Your-driving-record.aspx
- Edutour is looking for host families to host 2 Japanese high school students from Nov. 18-20, or Nov. 19-21. Remuneration is $70/ night. Please contact Margot Olah for more details at email@example.com.
- The St. Patrick’s Knight’s of Columbus are hosting their annual Oktoberfest please see attached for details https://gallery.mailchimp.com/67989e51d0729783740f66fb3/files/K_of_C_Octoberfest_2016.pdf
- We will be having a used uniform sale after the Walk-a-thon on October 14th in the school gym. If you have any items you would like to sell, please bring clean uniform items to the school office in a Ziploc bag with your name, grade and asking price.
Thank you for your ongoing support. Have a great long Thanksgiving weekend.
Yours in Christ,