I hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather we have been blessed with! Although the start of school is still 2 weeks away, I wanted to take this opportunity to touch base with you and ensure that everything gets off to a great start in September! Please take note of the following items that will serve as a good reminder to existing families, and new information for our new families joining us.
- Please ensure that you have printed off the year-at-a glance for quick reference of important dates for the upcoming school year.
- First day of school is on Tuesday, September 5th. With the exception of Kindergarten (Mrs. Prinster has sent out her separate letter), all students will be dismissed at 12:00pm.
- Our staff has their retreat on Friday, September 8th– school is not in session on this day.
- We will be having individual student photos on Tuesday, September 12th.
- Curriculum night and back to school dinner will be on Thursday, September 21st, with opening session at 5:30 pm in the gym, followed by dinner and then classroom sessions. Dinner is by donation and will be prepared by our welcoming committee. Please make every effort to ensure that at least one parent is in attendance fort his important evening.
- Please ensure that you have reviewed the school dress code and expectations. An updated document was sent out at the end of last school year. All students are expected to be in full uniform at all times. Only uniform items from Cambridge uniforms are acceptable. Please also be reminded that school shoes must be all black leather shoes- canvass shoes (like keds and vans) are not acceptable. Students are also expected to adhere to expectations around jewelry and hairstyles. If you have any questions regarding any of these items, please feel free to contact me at any time- we want to make sure that all parents and students are clear on dress code and expectations. This will be reviewed at our back to school assembly with students. Your support is much appreciated.
- A reminder that there are students and staff that have anaphylaxis towards nuts and seafood, therefore please:-
- Do not send any food with nuts or seafood to school (this includes granola bars with nuts, peanut butter, etc.)
- Do not send any class treats on birthdays or other special days (cupcakes, cookies, …) – it is too difficult to control outside food, and the safety of all of our students and staff is our priority. Should you choose to send pencils, stickers, erasers, or donate a book to the class library in lieu of treats, please let your child(ren)’s classroom teacher know.
- Any birthday invitations that are brought to school must be given to all students in the class. If your child is not inviting everyone, please arrange invitations electronically or outside of school time. We do not want any children excluded or felt left out.
- Please read over the proper pick-up/ drop-off and parking procedures on the school website. It is very important that all parents and guardians doing drop-off and pick-up are familiar with the proper procedures to ensure that everything runs efficiently, and most of all safely.
- If you give your child permission to leave the school grounds unsupervised after school, or you have arranged a pick up spot that is off school grounds,, please ensure that you send a note to the teacher as well as myself, so we know they have permission to do so. Children will not be allowed to leave the school property unsupervised without parental permission in writing.
- Please make sure that an online absentee form is submitted if your child is absent from school.
- Please ensure that your chil(ren) is at school on time in the morning and picked up on time after school. The expectation is that students are on time to start the school day by 8:45am. Should you be late picking up your child, please call the office to let us know. Parents have until 3:20pm to pick up their children. Any children left behind at 3:20pm will be sent to the Celtics club (and parents billed).
A very warm welcome to our new families joining us this school year- it is truly a blessing to have you join our school community! Welcome as well to our new staff that will be joining us this year. I ask that you keep Ms. Ialungo, Mrs. Newill and Ms. Angotti in your prayers during their year off. I look forward to welcoming you back to another school year!
Yours in Christ,