And the Holy Spirit descended upon him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.” Luke 3:22
Daily Health Check
Please use this as your daily health check. It is the most up to date: https://bc.thrive.health/
Friday, January 7, 2022
Thank you for your patience and understanding this week. The staff was able to use the time to plan for the new restrictions and changes to our Communicable Disease Guidelines, attached below. The original document from September 2021 can be found on the website.
Our first and foremost concern is for the safety of the students and staff. We are closely following the recommendations of the public health authorities. Our goal is to keep school open and accessible as much as possible. in the event of a closure, as outlined below, we will do our best to deliver continuity of learning.
Our hope is that these new restrictions will be lifted soon but for now, we ask that we come together as a community to help keep everyone healthy. At this time, Fraser Health will not be sending any exposure notifications or self monitoring letters to communities unless a large number is involved.
Please pray for our parish, staff and students during this challenging time and rest assure that your family is in our prayers.
Yours In Christ,
Mrs. Maria Fonseca
UPDATED Communicable Disease Guidelines
Click to Download the .PDF Guide
There was an update on the mask mandate as of January 3, 2022. All staff and students (K-12) are expected to wear a proper 3 layer mask indoors. The mask should cover both the nose and mouth. Fit is very important.
The following exemptions can be made:
There are exemptions for:
- People with health conditions or with physical, cognitive or mental impairments who cannot wear one
- People who cannot remove a mask on their own
- Children under the age of 5
- People who need to remove their masks to communicate due to another person’s hearing impairment
A face shield is not a substitute for a mask as it has an opening below the mouth or above.
If you child fits within these new exemptions, please email the office to inform us.
Types of Closures
There are two types of following closures that MAY occur due to COVID-19 cases. The staff has been working diligently on contingency plans in the event of closures to ensure continuity of learning.
1. Health closure of a school, which is determined by the local health authority due to the COVID19 case count in, or related to, a school.
2. Functional closure of a school, which is determined by the school or school district due to a lack of staff to provide the required level of teaching, supervision, support, and/or custodial to ensure the health and safety of students. This would likely be due to a high absenteeism of all staff or certain employees required for a school to function and the inability to replace those absences
Remind App – School Closure
Please be reminded that all school closures will be communicated through the Remind App and posted on the school website by 7:00am. In the event of a school closure, Celtics Club will not be open. Here is the Remind App link if you have not added it to your phone:
St. Patrick’s Parish Town Hall
Save the Date! Our parish is hosting a Town Hall Meeting on January 26th, 2022.
More details to follow.
10: School Reopens for everyone
13: Open House CANCELLED
18: P.E.C. Meeting
20: Parenting Evening (Virtual) – Mental Wellness
26: Adoration & Benediction
26: Parish Townhall (Virtual)
28: Pro D Day – No School