“I Can Do All Things Through Christ”
Monday, February 24th
- 7:45am – 8:40am – Gr. 5 Boys Basketball practice
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Primary Choir practice
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Gr. 6 Girls Basketball practice
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Spelling Bee practice
- 2:00pm – 4:30pm – Gr. 5 Boys Basketball tournament @ St. Matthew’s School
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Gr. 7 Girls playoff game @ home vs. St. Catherine’s School
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Gr. 6/7 Boys Basketball game @ Yennadon School
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – Drama rehearsal
Tuesday, February 25th
- 9:20am – Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast hosted by the St. Patrick’s Knights of Columbus
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm – Reading Link Challenge in the gym Gr. 4/5
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Tier one Girls Basketball game @ home
Wednesday, February 26th – Ash Wednesday
- 7:45am – 8:40am – Tier one Girls Basketball practice
- 9:15am – Ash Wednesday Mass led by Gr. 5 Miss Hargrave
- 11:30am – Hunger Lunch
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Liturgy Choir practice
- 2:00pm – Dismissal
Thursday, February 27th
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Intermediate Choir practice
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Gr. 6 Boys Basketball practice
- 12:00pm – 2:30pm – Gr. 7 to attend James & the Giant Peach play at Archbishop Carney Regional Secondary School
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Tier one Girls Basketball game at C’usqunela School
Friday, February 28th – Kindness Day (wear pink or bright colours)
- 7:45am – 8:40am – Gr. 7 Girls Basketball practice
- 2:00pm – 2:40pm – Gr. 2 Assembly
- 3:00pm – 4:00pm – Tier one Boys Basketball practice
- Congratulations to the Van Schagen family who welcomed a new baby girl this week!
- 2019 Tuition Income Tax receipts are available for pick up in the school office.
- 1 WEEK LEFT FOR SCHOOL RE-REGISTRATION PACKAGES TO BE HANDED IN! Fri., Feb. 28th 2020 is the due date
- Please send your child to school with special pancakes if they are not able to eat regular pancakes at our Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast next week. The Knights will not have any allergy friendly pancakes. A big thank you to the St. Patrick’s Knights of Columbus for their generosity in once again hosting this event for our students!
- We will be having our Ash Wednesday Mass next Wednesday. Please come and join us. Following Mass, we will have our annual Hunger Lunch in recognition of the people in our community and world who experience hunger. All students will receive a bun from Cobbs (or a bun from Zena’s for gluten free students). Please pack a snack and water for your children for recess. While we eat our bun, there will be a presentation to students on world hunger and a time for quiet reflection.
- Pink Shirt Day is held nationally on Wednesday, February 26th, but because it falls on Ash Wednesday, we will have our Kindness Day on Friday. Students are invited to come to school with a pink or any other bright coloured shirt. There will not be a collection this day.
- Mark your calendar for March 6th at 11:15am for a rare opportunity to listen to and meet “Unstoppable Tracy.” She is an internationally acclaimed TED X speaker, Paralympian, world cup sailing champion, and avid mountain climber who has climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro… and did I mention that she is a 4-way amputee?! Tracy has appeared on several TV shows and magazines, including Oprah. Her message is inspirational and I am so happy to host her at our school! She has kindly offered to stop in at our school on her busy speaking tour. We are inviting all parents to attend the assembly – seating will be limited, so please plan to be a bit early. Her website is: https://unstoppabletracy.com/ if you would like to learn a bit more about her.
TRIVIA NIGHT – MARCH 7th 2020
- $10.00 donations for the classroom “Trivia Night Themed Baskets” are still being accepted. Thank you for supporting our biggest fundraiser of the year.
- There are still a few “Trivia Night” tickets for sale.
Thank you for your continued support.
Yours in Christ,
C. Heah | Principal