“I Can Do All Things Through Christ”
Monday, October 7th
- Gr. 7 students to Timberline Ranch (returning Wed.)
- 7:45am – 8:30am – Gr. 5 Boys Volleyball practice
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Primary Choir practice
- 12:00 – 12:30pm – Gr. 6 Girls Volleyball practice
Tuesday, October 8th
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – Gr. 1, 2 & 3 Cross-Country practice
- 12:00pm – 12:30pm – R.C. Challenge practice
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm – Gr. 6 Girls Volleyball game @ home
Wednesday, October 9th
- 8:00am – R.C. Challenge practice
- 12:00pm – Liturgy Choir practice
- 2:00pm – Dismissal
Thursday, October 10th
- 7:45am – Grade 6/7 Boys Volleyball practice
- 12:00pm – Intermediate Choir practice
- 2:00pm – 2:40pm – Thanksgiving Assembly led by Gr. 4
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm – Gr. 7 Girls Volleyball game @ home
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm – Gr. 6 Girls Volleyball game @ O.L. O. A.
- 3:15pm – 4:15pm – Gr. 6/7 Boys Volleyball game @ Fairview Elementary School
Friday, October 11th – WALK-A-THON!
- 7:45am – Gr. 7 Girls Volleyball practice
- 12:00 – EARLY DISMISSAL
- I will be away with the Gr. 7 students at camp. Please contact Mrs. Kravjanski or Mrs. Prinster for immediate assistance.
- Congratulations to our Cross-Country athletes who participated in the C.I.S.V.A. Cross-Country Meet at Swangaurd Stadium this past Wednesday.
- A HUGE thank you to all of our families that contributed so generously to the Gofund Me page for Gianluca D’Addabbo. The family is extremely touched and grateful for your generosity. Gianluca started his chemotherapy and radiation treatment in Seattle this week. Please continue to keep him and his family in your prayers. https://www.gofundme.com/f/gianluca-daddabbo?rcid=r01-156996175342-43e3054758974770&pc=ot_co_campmgmt_w
- Thank you to everyone who donated to our Terry Fox Run. We raised $339.00 for the Terry Fox Association.
- The online registration has gone home for Parent Conferences on October 25th. Please make sure to sign up quickly as the spots fill fast. https://www.schoolinterviews.ca/
- Save-On-Food Gift Cards are available for purchase in the school office, these are made available through the Till-Tape Program and the generosity of the Save-On-Food stores.
- Student Photos – Monday Oct. 7th is the last chance to send your orders through the school – going forward all orders will have to be done on-line.
- We have allowed students to bring Pokemon cards to school, as it has become something that has brought many children together with a common interest. However, it has been brought to our attention that there have been some issues with trading and selling of cards. Please remind your child(ren), just like we have, that cards are not to be traded or sold, and that they are brought to school at their own risk.
- Next Friday is Walk-a-thon! Please make sure to bring in your Week #3 collection slips as well as permission and volunteer forms. Students will be getting a snack and lunch on the day of Walk-a-thon and dismissal is at 12:00pm. Please make sure that you are on time to pick up your child(ren). Thank you to everyone who has raised money for our Walk-a-thon. Our Kindergarten class was once again our top earning class for the second week in a row! We are currently at $11,000 towards our goal of $21,000. Collecting will continue until October 18th. Please do not bring in any money or envelopes prior to this date.
- Ordering for Hot Lunches (Oct. 16 & 31) closes on October 8th and payment is due to the classroom teacher. Please email [email protected] with any questions or concerns or if you experience technical difficulties with the ordering forms.
- On October 31st, we will be having a “Celtic Day” – it is a Halloween colours (orange & black) dress down day and will be collecting items for the St. Vincent de Paul Society. They will use these items to assemble approximately 35 Christmas hampers. Items they are looking for include:
- Protein: canned tuna, canned salmon, canned chicken, canned chili, canned beans & peanut butter
- Other: coffee, tea, juices (lunch box and 1 Litre), cereal, oatmeal, granola, pancake mix, pancake syrup, pasta, rice, canned soups, canned fruit, canned vegetables, crackers, granola bars, jam, cookies, small bags of sugar, flour, small ketchup, small mustard, margarine & chocolates
- **If some families would prefer to donate cash, we would use it towards buying a turkey or ham, plus milk, eggs, fresh fruit and vegetables
Thank you for your continued support.
Yours in Christ,
C. Heah | Principal