“Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!
Peace in heaven, and glory in the highest heaven!”
Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, order your disciples to stop.” He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the stones would shout out.”
We are approaching Holy Week with Palm Sunday this weekend. On behalf of the staff, I want to wish you a peaceful and prayerful week ahead.
Yours In Christ,
Holy Week Resources
Here is a great resource for Holy Week activities to do at home:
What Happened During Holy Week:
- Palm Sunday: Liturgical color, red. Jesus rides a donkey into Jerusalem, the people wave palm branches at him shouting “Hosanna”.
- Holy Monday: Liturgical color, purple. Jesus and his disciples go into the temple, and Jesus overturns the tables since people are selling things rather than praying there.
- Holy Tuesday: Liturgical color, purple. Jesus and the disciples return to the temple and teach the people many things with parables and give the people the new commandment.
- Holy Wednesday (AKA Spy Wednesday): Liturgical color, purple. Judas agrees to hand over Jesus for 30 pieces of silver.
- Holy Thursday (AKA Green Thursday): Liturgical color, white. Jesus has the Last Supper, which is the institution of the Eucharist and also the first mass. He also washes the feet of his disciples. Jesus asks his disciples to pray in the garden with him all night, and they fall asleep.
- Good Friday: Liturgical color, black. Jesus dies on the cross. All the things from the stations of the cross happen this day.
- Holy Saturday: Jesus is dead in the tomb. The evening of Holy Saturday is considered the “vigil”, and Easter celebrating can begin then
Holy Thursday – April 6th
Our Gr. 7 Class will be doing a Passion play. Each class will be invited to follow the student, cast as Jesus, through the play from Agony in the Garden to Crucifixion. The teachers will talk to their class about how the students are “just acting”, but we will be showing Jesus receiving the crown of thorns and other stations of the cross. All scenes will be done with the utmost reverence.
Parents are invited to come and walk the Passion play starting at 11:15. It will done outdoors.
- Gr. 3 & 4 – Liturgy Choir Practice – Wednesday, April 12, 19 @ 12:00-12:30
- Gr. 3 & 4 – School Mass Friday, April 21 – morning practice @ 8:00am
- Gr. 5, 6 & 7 – Liturgy Choir Practice – Wednesday, April 26, May 3 @ 12:00-12:30
- Gr. 5, 6 & 7 – School Mass Friday, May 5 CROWNING OF MARY – morning practice @ 8:00am
- Gr. 3 & 4 – Liturgy Choir Practice Wednesday, May 24, 31 @ 12:00-12:30
- Gr. 3 & 4 – School Mass Friday, June 2 – morning practice @ 8:00am
- Gr. 5, 6 & 7 – Liturgy Choir Practice Wednesday, June 14, 21 @ 12:00-12:30
- Gr. 5, 6 & 7 – School Mass Wednesday, May 28 – morning practice @ 8:00am
INTERMEDIATE CHOIR Gr. 4-7:
- every Wednesday 8:00am – 8:35am in the music room
Music Bingo – April 15th 2023
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!
There will be many auction items available! Principal for the Day! Reserved parking spots! Front Row seats for school concerts! NEW ITEM: BEST DAY EVER!
Only 300 tickets available at $50.00 each: includes dinner and one bingo ticket.
Please send cash or cheque payment to the office after spring break.
Who wants to win $5000.00 CASH???
Tickets are $10.00 each and all proceeds go to benefit St. Patrick’s!
The top three ticket sellers will be entered into a draw for a $1000.00 cash prize.
Drawn online on the schools/fundraising Facebook page on Friday, June 2, 2023, at 3:00pm.
Here is the jotform if you would like to order them online.
Please send payment into the office or give it to a member of the Fundraising Team.
Next week an order form will be sent home with your child so you can order a whole booklet to take home to sell. Each booklet is $100 (10 tickets at $10 each). The top 3 sellers will be entered in a draw to win a cash prize.
The class who sells the most booklets will win a pizza party!
06: Holy Thursday, Passion Play – NOON DISMISSAL – No Celtics Club
07: Good Friday – No School
10: Easter Monday – No School
12: Class Photos – ALL STUDENTS IN FULL UNIFORM – No gym strip
12: Hot Lunch – NO SPIRIT WEAR DUE TO PHOTOS – Tim Horton’s
13: Spirit Wear (in lieu of the 12th due to photos)
17-21: Hip Hop Week
21: School Food Bank Mass (Gr. 6B)
26: Hot Lunch – Spirit Wear Day!
28: Celtics Day
Permissions slips must be handed in prior to attending. These are NOT open to all grades:
Math Club (Gr. 7s): Tuesdays from 7:45 – 8:30am (Mrs. Eskut & Mrs. Roth)
Latin Club: Tuesdays from 3:00 – 4:00pm (Mr. Brooks)
Games Club: Fridays from 3:00 – 4:30pm (Mr. Brooks & Mrs. Wagg)
Intermediate Choir: Gr. 4 -7 every Wednesday 8:00 am – 8:35 am in the Music Room
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.