For those of you who contacted me prior to Friday, your child(ren)’s belongings are bagged and labeled and ready to go out on Monday morning. A few reminders to note:
1. ONLY those parents that contacted me will find their child(ren)’s belongings bagged and labelled. If you did not contact me prior to Friday with your request, your child(ren)’s belongings have not been collected. Although I will be at school, I will be taking part in a virtual principals meeting and will not be able to accommodate any parents who are coming asking for their child(ren)’s belongings. I will be unavailable to speak to any parents tomorrow morning due to my commitment to this meeting.
2. Pickup is tomorrow morning between 9:00am and 12:00pm. The items will be placed outside in bags that are labeled with your last name and grade. Students in the main building and grade 7 students (only 1 student) will have their items in the breezeway between the main building and the gym, students in the annex building will have their items outside the annex building. Any remaining items will be taken in at 12:00pm.
3. Please keep your social distance and do not get within 6 feet of other parents. There will be no parents permitted into the school buildings, therefore I ask you please not to ring doorbells to the buildings.
4. Should there be any parents that have not contacted me and are still wanting to pick up items, you will need to email me and set up an alternate day in the next couple of weeks to pick up your child(ren)’s belongings. Please understand that I am the only person who will be regularly accessing the school over the next few weeks, therefore I am the only one who can collect your child(ren)’s items.
- I am always available by email and will respond as promptly as I can. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns as we transition to this new model of learning. I would love to keep in contact with students, so if your child would like to connect with me live (to share some good work, say hello on their birthday, read a book, or just simply to say hello), please email me and we can set up a time to do so! I will be available every day from 9:00am to 3:00pm.
- I plan to be live every morning at 8:45am for Oh Canada, morning prayer and birthday announcements, and do hope that your child will tune in! A link will be emailed every morning by 8:40am that will allow you to connect to a Google Meets platform. There is no need to download anything at home, simply click on the link. Please be patient as we try and work out any kinks in the technology. Please be reminded that we will be taking this coming week to plan and school will resume on Monday, April 6th.
- I have mailed report cards that were brought to the office by teachers (for students who were absent on the last day before the break.) If you do not receive your child’s report card within the next week, please contact your child’s teacher as they may have it in their classroom. Parents who are picking up belongings tomorrow will find their child’s report card in the bag.
- Keep your eyes on your inbox as the teachers and I continue to communicate with you with new information.
- Please make sure to check the link to the ministry’s new website: https://www.openschool.bc.ca/keeplearning/. Families can find ideas for everyday educational activities, links to free learning resources, as well as how to help children learn and how to ensure their wellbeing while they’re at home. Note: Teachers and schools will have primary responsibility for continuous learning.
May God keep you all safe and healthy!
Clive Heah | Principal St. Patrick’s School, Maple Ridge